Toshiba HK3R2 Internals
The Toshiba HK3R2 THNSNJ960PCS3 comes in a 2.5" form factor with a slim 7mm z-height in a feather-light alloy case. The large indentation on the bottom of the case raises thermal pads up to mate with the components mounted on the PCB.
The HK3R2 utilizes small thermal pads that are strategically placed to wick away heat from the components, and transfer it to the case. The PCB is secured into the case with four additional fasteners.
The HK3R2 features eight Toshiba A19nm MLC Toggle NAND packages, and two large capacitors. These capacitors flush any data in transit down to NAND in the event of a power failure. 1GB of Micron DDR3 800MHz DRAM serves as the cache for the SSD. There are no surface mounted components on the bottom of the PCB, but additional thermal pads pull heat from the rear of the packages.
The proprietary Toshiba TC358790XBG controller powers the HK3R2. This controller was also utilized in the HK3R series, providing it with a track record of reliability. The Toshiba designed TC358790XBG controller powers the HK3R2.
Toshiba HK3R2 Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz