Toshiba HK3R2 Internals
The Toshiba HK3R2 THNSNJ960PCS3 comes in a 2.5" form factor with a slim 7mm z-height in a feather-light alloy case. The large indentation on the bottom of the case raises thermal pads up to mate with the components mounted on the PCB.
The HK3R2 utilizes small thermal pads that are strategically placed to wick away heat from the components, and transfer it to the case. The PCB is secured into the case with four additional fasteners.
The HK3R2 features eight Toshiba A19nm MLC Toggle NAND packages, and two large capacitors. These capacitors flush any data in transit down to NAND in the event of a power failure. 1GB of Micron DDR3 800MHz DRAM serves as the cache for the SSD. There are no surface mounted components on the bottom of the PCB, but additional thermal pads pull heat from the rear of the packages.
The proprietary Toshiba TC358790XBG controller powers the HK3R2. This controller was also utilized in the HK3R series, providing it with a track record of reliability. The Toshiba designed TC358790XBG controller powers the HK3R2.
Toshiba HK3R2 Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- Halo devs: PC community is very important to us
- Modded Halo Online PC project under fire by Microsoft
- New PC game deals: Frostpunk and BattleTech for 22% off
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit