Our review sample came in a little while box. Upon opening the box, we find fitted foam that protects the camera and its case. The packaging is very high quality and should ensure the safe arrival of your Seek camera.
I didn't expect a custom case to also be provided; it's a very nice touch.
As you can see the case has a custom molded rubber lining that should protect the camera from drops. I also think the case is water resistant, as a tight seal is produced when the case is closed.
The camera is quite small, and installation consists of plugging it into your smartphone. The protector for the lens is important, as you don't want the oils from your skin to make contact with the surface, as it can eat away at the anti-reflective coating. The camera's body is actually made of magnesium.
It's literally just plug-and-play. You should first download the Seek Thermal app from the Google Play store, and it will detect the camera.
I made a tripod mount for my phone using my 3D printer.
As you can see, it works pretty well imaging a CO2 duster can that was just used.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look at the Camera and Installation]
- Page 3 [Software]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series