Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The system is fully loaded using Furmark and Prime 95, similar to our laptop testing. The sound recordings are made in front of the machine, about 6 inches from the center of the tower. Temperatures are reported as recorded by CoreTemp and Furmark.
Our overclocked 8-core CPU reached a maximum temperature of 90 degrees Celsius, which is a bit on the high side considering we have watercooling on the CPU. We're sure the overclock contributed to this number.
The hottest GPU reached 92 degrees Celsius, which is the second highest GPU temperature recorded. It certainly didn't help that all three GPUs are stacked together without a slot in between, as is the norm with three GPUs.
And due to the stacked GPUs and incredible performance, we also get a pretty loud sound from the MILLENNIUM. We recorded a maximum sound level of 63 decibels, of which the GPUs contributed the most.
Power consumption is measured while the system is loaded for the temperature test and while sitting idle at the desktop. Measurement is taken at the wall, so it includes everything running in the system, not including the monitor.
The overclocked CPU and high-performance SLI GPU setup combine to make a large power draw. We recorded a maximum power draw of 1,245W. As we have just a 1300W PSU, we will cause undue wear and tear and early aging on the PSU. This is why we recommend a 1400-1500W PSU.
At idle, we recorded a draw of 374W, which is more than a large portion of our systems at load. It goes without saying that performance this great will come with a large power draw, and a large associated power bill. But if you can afford this beast, you can likely afford the power draw associated with it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Bundle & System Pictures]
- Page 3 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CPU Tests]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Storage Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Gaming Tests]
- Page 8 [Temperatures and Noise & Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit