I could sit here and pontificate about the VX2263 all day long, but I don't think you want that. Rather, I bet you're looking to get the bottom line, so I'll save you from reading the rest: This display is an excellent candidate if you're looking for something this size and aren't a hardcore gamer. It looks great, works well, and has a very sharp image.
It's not exactly filled with frills, though it does come with some nice additions such as MHL, flicker-free tech, and low blue light options. I especially like the slim bezels and edge-to-edge glass. Call me a sucker, but I run a two or three monitor setup constantly, and couldn't live with fewer than two monitors.
The anti-glare coating works quite well, removing pretty much all reflections and glare from the display, making it a pleasure to look at. Pictures, movies, and the like look great. Even games look great, but if you're in a fast-paced game, a higher refresh rate and response time would be advantageous.
The display can be had for around $150, and at that price, it's a pretty good buy. I'd like to see it a bit closer to $125, but $150 is reasonable. I'd also really like to see a DVI port in addition to, or instead of, the VGA port.
The MHL, for me, at least, is take it or leave it, and I would just as rather leave it. The power consumption and brightness are great and adequate, respectively, and running this display won't cost an arm and a leg.
In the end, the ViewSonic VX2263Smhl is a good monitor at a good price and should be on your list of potential displays, should you be looking for a 22-inch class display for a non-hardcore gamer.
PRICING: You can find the ViewSonic VX2263smhl-w 22-Inch SuperClear IPS LED Monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||90%|
|Bundle and Packaging||93%|
|Value for Money||85%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||89%|
The Bottom Line: ViewSonic's VX2263Smhl monitor is a good display at a good price, provided you want a 22-inch display and aren't a hardcore gamer.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Features & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Dead Pixels, Assembly and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, OSD & Test Results]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit