I could sit here and pontificate about the VX2263 all day long, but I don't think you want that. Rather, I bet you're looking to get the bottom line, so I'll save you from reading the rest: This display is an excellent candidate if you're looking for something this size and aren't a hardcore gamer. It looks great, works well, and has a very sharp image.
It's not exactly filled with frills, though it does come with some nice additions such as MHL, flicker-free tech, and low blue light options. I especially like the slim bezels and edge-to-edge glass. Call me a sucker, but I run a two or three monitor setup constantly, and couldn't live with fewer than two monitors.
The anti-glare coating works quite well, removing pretty much all reflections and glare from the display, making it a pleasure to look at. Pictures, movies, and the like look great. Even games look great, but if you're in a fast-paced game, a higher refresh rate and response time would be advantageous.
The display can be had for around $150, and at that price, it's a pretty good buy. I'd like to see it a bit closer to $125, but $150 is reasonable. I'd also really like to see a DVI port in addition to, or instead of, the VGA port.
The MHL, for me, at least, is take it or leave it, and I would just as rather leave it. The power consumption and brightness are great and adequate, respectively, and running this display won't cost an arm and a leg.
In the end, the ViewSonic VX2263Smhl is a good monitor at a good price and should be on your list of potential displays, should you be looking for a 22-inch class display for a non-hardcore gamer.
PRICING: You can find the ViewSonic VX2263smhl-w 22-Inch SuperClear IPS LED Monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||90%|
|Bundle and Packaging||93%|
|Value for Money||85%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||89%|
The Bottom Line: ViewSonic's VX2263Smhl monitor is a good display at a good price, provided you want a 22-inch display and aren't a hardcore gamer.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Features & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Dead Pixels, Assembly and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, OSD & Test Results]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- Apple's TV service charges $9.99ea for HBO, Showtime, Starz
- Unlock Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice PC framerate with this mod
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD