Test System Setup
The OSD makes use of four physical buttons, not including the power button, along the bottom of the display. To the right of the power button, there are two buttons: one up and one down. On the left, there are two buttons labeled 1 and 2. The arrows are used to navigate, while the 1 and 2 buttons are used to select and exit.
Power consumption is measured at the wall with a blank Word document open and the monitor on as bright as it can go.
The VX2263 sips power, using just 14W at max brightness. This is a pretty good result, and is the lowest of our chart.
We use a LX1010B light meter to measure brightness in Lux. The monitor is placed in the center of the screen on a blank Word document with the monitor at full brightness.
That low power consumption, however, comes with a cost, and that cost is max brightness. We measured a max reading of just 230 Lux, making it also the dimmest monitor we've reviewed. Do not be alarmed, though, because the display is still quite bright.
We use this as a way to measure a monitor's efficiency. It is simply the monitor's brightness divided by its power draw.
As for efficiency, the display is right in the mix, coming in fifth, but only 2 points away from second.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Features & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Dead Pixels, Assembly and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, OSD & Test Results]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!