Test System Setup
Our Consumer NAS test "system" is setup similar to what you have at home. Here we have the base of a GIGABYTE Z97X UD7 TH, housing an Intel Core i7 4770 with 16GB of supporting RAM. Our Operating System of choice is Windows 8 x64 Enterprise, with all available updates and patches, installed on a pair of Samsung 840 SSDs. On the networking side, we utilized the Intel PRO1000 PT Server Adapter with a direct connection to each NAS appliance. This eliminates the need for a switch, and any bottlenecks that may occur.
The QNAP finder allows you to begin setting up your NAS appliance. As you can see, after loading our unit with drives, it promptly showed up on our network.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Brand new F1 2018 trailer reveals the French Grand Prix
- Samsung teases 8TB NF1 NVMe SSD: PCIe 4.0 with 3GB/sec reads
- Gears of War 5 aiming for 4K 60FPS on Xbox One X
- Microsoft teams with Nintendo for Minecraft crossplay fun
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit