I'm really two minds about 3840x2160 on a 28-inch panel, sometimes it feels fine - looking at images, or video, but when I'm using it for productivity, it's simply too small. A 30-inch (or bigger) display size is much better, allowing everything to scale that little bit more.
3840x2160 on a 28-inch panel is just too much, sure the pixel density is high, but that's not everything. A 27- to 28-inch monitor should have a maximum resolution of 2560x1440, which is where I personally think it is about perfect. This isn't to say that the ViewSonic VX2880ml was bad, as this isn't ViewSonic's fault - they could have opted for a bigger panel, say 30- or 31-inch, but this would've resulted in a more expensive monitor.
Color reproduction was great, as expected, and so was the general image quality. I have nothing bad to say here about that. The resolution is too high for serious desktop work at 4K, unless you are running Windows 8 or 8.1, and had adjusted the scale of the UI to fit 4K on this 28-inch panel better. Even then, I don't think you'd want to use it long term like this - but again, some people will find it more than fine.
This is where I'm going to tear into the ViewSonic VX2880ml, but I won't spend too long telling you why you should not buy this monitor for gaming. 30Hz is just, no. It's just no, okay?
But really, this isn't a gaming monitor, folks. This is a monitor for productivity, something we talked about above, but for gaming - it's just subpar. The resolution is too high for a monitor of this size, and while it's nice, the Acer XB280HK 28-inch G-SYNC capable monitor blows it away with not just its 60Hz refresh rate, but G-SYNC technology.
ViewSonic aren't here with the VX2880ml to provide gamers with the perfect Ultra HD display, which is why I think we see all the marketing material concentrate on the DisplayPort daisy-chaining and color reproduction, both of which are great features for the office.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Fortnite made $126m on PC last month, PUBG made $103m
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered ships WITHOUT multiplayer?!
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit