Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So what is Anvil Storage Utilities? First of all, it's a storage benchmark for SSDs and HDDs where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or the write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil Storage Utilities is not officially available yet, but we've been playing with the beta for several months now. The author, Anvil on several international forums, has been updating the software steadily and is adding new features every couple of months.
We can use Anvil several different ways to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
Compressible and incompressible data works the same on the Mushkin Reactor, so there isn't a slow down when writing either type of data.
Low Queue Depth Read IOPS
*= 46% incompressible mix
The Reactor 1TB SSD delivers nearly 8K random read IOPS with a single request. That scales to nearly 14,500 at QD2 and we see the drive scaling again at QD4. At that depth, the Reactor starts to really fall behind the other drives in the chart.
High Queue Depth Read IOPS
It's very difficult for consumer workloads to push into the high queue depth range when reading data. SSDs are just too fast for this to occur on a regular basis.
Low Queue Depth Write IOPS
The random write IOPS scale well at QD1 and QD2. By QD4, the Reactor 1TB starts to wave the white flag while many of the other drives push 80K IOPS or more.
High Queue Depth Write IOPS
The Reactor tops out at nearly 76K write IOPS at QD32, again, it's difficult to get to these high queue depths though in a consumer environment. At low queue depths, where most of us work our SSDs, the Reactor 1TB does well for the price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's split D-pad makes NES gaming frustrating
- Switch Online NES: save states, visual modes and more
- Red Dead Online mirrors GTA Online, has story co-op and PVP
- PUBG rated on the PS4 in Korea, PlayStation 4 release soon?
- Nintendo Switch Online rolled out, firmware 6.0.0 goes live
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement