Benchmarks - RAID 5
RAID 5: Block-level striping with parity data distributed across all member disks.
HD Video Playback
HD Video Play - 720p HD stream from Windows Media Player 256kB reads
2HD Video Play - 2x playback
4HD Video Play - 4x playback
HD Video Record
HD Video Record - 720p HD stream, 256kB writes
HD Video Play & Record - one playback, one record simultaneously
2x HD Video Play & 2x Record - two playback, two record simultaneously
Photo Album - All reads - Wide distribution of sizes
Office Productivity - Reads and writes; 1kB & 4kB reads; mostly 1kB writes
Content Creation - 95% writes; 1k, 4k, & little reads; Writes up to 64kB
File / Directory Transfer
Directory Copy From NAS - 64kB reads
Directory Copy To NAS - Predominantly 64kB writes; wide scattering under 16kB
File Copy From NAS - 4GB file copy; 64kB reads
File Copy To NAS - 64kB writes
Single Client Performance Summary
You will almost immediately notice two QNAP TS-653 Pro results in our charts today. The first is a five-drive, RAID 5 array with a SuperSSpeed S301 120GB SLC SSD installed as a cache drive. The second configuration is with six drives, also in RAID 5.
The first thing we notice in the single client tests is the SSD cache performance in relation to the non-cached performance. For a majority of these tests, the cache actually slows the TS-653 Pro down, but only by a very small and unnoticeable margin. The QNAP 4.1 software allows users to set different perimeters for the cache SSD; we ignored sequential data, and just accelerated random data, which is the default option. In the single client tests where random data is present, the cache option increased performance as expected.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Intel's new Graphics Command Center application looks BOSS
- Nintendo lets indie studio make a Zelda game
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced