Total Access Time - All Tests
The access time test measures the total latency across all 18 tests. This is one of, if not the most important of all tests we run at this time for consumer SSDs. When your latency is low, your computer feels fast; it's just that simple.
Latency is one of, if not the most important of all aspects for consumers to look for when choosing a consumer SSD, right after reliability.
Total Access Time - Heavy Load
Here we see the 850 EVO with a high amount of latency (not a good thing) under the heavy use model, but quickly recovering under typical consumer use.
Total Access Time - Typical Consumer Load
With RAPID Mode enabled, the 850 EVO does exceptionally well with latency; this is the best we've ever tested under typical consumer workload conditions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Initial Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]