HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
After measuring sequential read performance with a 64KB block size, we see that the 850 EVO is right on the heels of the 850 Pro 1TB model. Most of the drives perform really well in the large block size sequential test; the Corsair Neutron XT is the exception, but performs much better with 128KB blocks.
Write performance separates mainstream SSDs from the top performers. At the 1TB capacity, most drives manage to deliver very high sequential write performance thanks to the increased parallelization writing to more than one NAND die at a time. Again, the 850 EVO is right on the heels of the 850 Pro, and is faster than the 840 EVO.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
Here we see sequential reads and writes at the 128KB block size after a reasonable number of sequential and random writes to the 850 EVO 1TB SSD. The write performance doesn't take any large dips in write performance like we see with some products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam's library UI is getting a makeover
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023