HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
After measuring sequential read performance with a 64KB block size, we see that the 850 EVO is right on the heels of the 850 Pro 1TB model. Most of the drives perform really well in the large block size sequential test; the Corsair Neutron XT is the exception, but performs much better with 128KB blocks.
Write performance separates mainstream SSDs from the top performers. At the 1TB capacity, most drives manage to deliver very high sequential write performance thanks to the increased parallelization writing to more than one NAND die at a time. Again, the 850 EVO is right on the heels of the 850 Pro, and is faster than the 840 EVO.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
Here we see sequential reads and writes at the 128KB block size after a reasonable number of sequential and random writes to the 850 EVO 1TB SSD. The write performance doesn't take any large dips in write performance like we see with some products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit