HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
After measuring sequential read performance with a 64KB block size, we see that the 850 EVO is right on the heels of the 850 Pro 1TB model. Most of the drives perform really well in the large block size sequential test; the Corsair Neutron XT is the exception, but performs much better with 128KB blocks.
Write performance separates mainstream SSDs from the top performers. At the 1TB capacity, most drives manage to deliver very high sequential write performance thanks to the increased parallelization writing to more than one NAND die at a time. Again, the 850 EVO is right on the heels of the 850 Pro, and is faster than the 840 EVO.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
Here we see sequential reads and writes at the 128KB block size after a reasonable number of sequential and random writes to the 850 EVO 1TB SSD. The write performance doesn't take any large dips in write performance like we see with some products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X consoles come with PUBG for limited time
- Call of Duty WWII reigns U.S. game sales charts
- Infinity Ward opens new studio in Poland
- Zelda director has 'lots of ideas' for new DLC, games
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series