Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
Sitting at around the mid $200 price point, this isn't a cheap Z97 motherboard, especially when you consider the size of it. The simple fact is that ASUS design these boards so well that they were able to pack many features onto such a small PCB - so many more features than you would even think is possible.
When it comes down to it, apart from a pair of DIMM slots, and the lack of extra expansion ports, you really do see everything and more. SurpremeFX provides awesome audio quality, and thanks to the mPCIe combo card, we see M.2, 802.11ac Wi-Fi networking, and Bluetooth. The Impact Control II board brings us the LED Debug Reader, along with a clear CMOS button, while another card provides some extra fan headers to the board.
Everything about this board is bigger than you'd expect. From the information on the box, to the bundle that's included, all the way to the amount of features that offered thanks to some extra cards, and a truly awesome layout that goes vertical in a number of areas.
Anytime you're talking about a Mini-ITX motherboard, the simple fact is that if you're not after a tiny motherboard like this, then it's simply a waste of money. While you get so much on this board for the money, if you're able to use a larger motherboard, then something like the ASUS Maximus VII Hero might be a better option that comes in around the $200 mark.
If you've got the money, and you want to build a Mini-ITX system, then this is just a truly fantastic motherboard. As we've said so many times already, this board packs so much more than you would think is possible. On the other hand, if you're able to use something that's a bit larger, one of the other ASUS ROG options may be a better choice.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus VII Impact for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS ROG Maximus VII Impact retails for $229.99 at Amazon.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking w/a)||92%|
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||93%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: If you're after an extremely high quality Mini-ITX motherboard, the ROG version MAXIMUS VII IMPACT is one you should be looking at. Great looks, ton of features, and awesome performance make for a fantastic motherboard from ASUS.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media