Sequential Mixed Read / Write Workloads
In this series of tests, we measure mixed workload performance. We start with 100% read, and then add data writes to the mix in 10% increments until we get to 100% writes. We believe this will be the next major area SSD manufacturers will address, after performance consistency.
Sequential Mixed Workload Bandwidth
SATA can't read and write data at the same time; it's half-duplex, so the controller has to be able to read, then write data quickly. Our tests show that SandForce SF-2281 controllers are the best at this transition, but paired with SLC flash, the SF-2281 takes it to another level. There isn't a lot of drop off at all; it just takes the workload and runs with it.
Sequential 80% Read / 20% Write Bandwidth
The test uses 50% entropy. Entropy is just a fancy name for incompressible data. Since the SLC flash negates the compressible / incompressible roll off, and the controller already does well with mixed workload (read and write) testing, the FSXtreme killed this test.
If you manipulate a lot of sequential data, like reading and writing audio / video files when editing, the FSXtreme 240GB is the fastest SATA SSD money can buy for this purpose.
4K Random Mixed IO
The FSXtreme is optimized for QD8 and QD16 random mixed workloads. Again, this falls inside the A/V editing realm where you have the main file manipulation, the reading and writing from plug-ins, and cache.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit