Sequential Mixed Read / Write Workloads
In this series of tests, we measure mixed workload performance. We start with 100% read, and then add data writes to the mix in 10% increments until we get to 100% writes. We believe this will be the next major area SSD manufacturers will address, after performance consistency.
Sequential Mixed Workload Bandwidth
SATA can't read and write data at the same time; it's half-duplex, so the controller has to be able to read, then write data quickly. Our tests show that SandForce SF-2281 controllers are the best at this transition, but paired with SLC flash, the SF-2281 takes it to another level. There isn't a lot of drop off at all; it just takes the workload and runs with it.
Sequential 80% Read / 20% Write Bandwidth
The test uses 50% entropy. Entropy is just a fancy name for incompressible data. Since the SLC flash negates the compressible / incompressible roll off, and the controller already does well with mixed workload (read and write) testing, the FSXtreme killed this test.
If you manipulate a lot of sequential data, like reading and writing audio / video files when editing, the FSXtreme 240GB is the fastest SATA SSD money can buy for this purpose.
4K Random Mixed IO
The FSXtreme is optimized for QD8 and QD16 random mixed workloads. Again, this falls inside the A/V editing realm where you have the main file manipulation, the reading and writing from plug-ins, and cache.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Coffee Lake-S: flagship 8700K CPU, 40 PCIe lanes
- Ethereum mining difficulty reaches lofty new heights
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series pricing to continue rising
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM