Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 2004 is the latest installment to the Unreal Tournament series. The full version of the game is based on DX9 and has faced quite a big make over and is a lot more intensive then its predecessor.
Again, all internal game settings were set to their maximum levels. Since the 9800 Pro isn't exactly a slouch, I wanted to see what happened when all the eye candy was enabled to its fullest. That said, I was more than a little surprised when I tested these two boards under UT2004.
After testing these boards and then retesting to confirm my results, I can only conclude that the Unreal Tournament game doesn't really care what video board is used. All results shown above are frames per second and there is no more than 11% difference between the two boards. Even with a full retest of both boards the results were the same. There just isn't any real measurable difference between the two video cards. Given what we already know about their architecture, the only explanation is that the game is dependant on the system for performance rather than the video board.
While the scores may seem low, remember that all visuals were set to maximum. When I played the game regularly using these same settings, I saw no hesitations anywhere in the maps or any problem areas even under heavy bot action.
That's the best I can come up with folks. Strange, but interesting results to be sure.
Last updated: Dec 13, 2019 at 07:15 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 3 [The Video Board]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 4 [The Video Board ~ Cont.]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Methodology]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Futuremark]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 11 [AA/AF Quality]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 12 [Overclocking and Conclusion]