In The Box
Once you cut the seal and open up your new toy, you'll be greeted by everything you'd expect to see and then some. There are a lot of items to work your way through so we'll start with the extra stuff and then work our way to the board itself.
I expected to see cabling for the board, but this covers just about any scenario you can come up with. A close look tells us that all but the Molex splitter has something to do with S-Video, so no matter how you're planning on setting up the VIVO capabilities for the board, you'll have the necessary cables to handle the task.
And yes, I said VIVO. You get full-fledged video in and video out functions so you'll be able to do more than just send the display to a TV set. It also allows you to hook up to your VCR or DVD player to let you keep your favorite movies on your system.
This little device may look like a cheap piece of metal and plastic but it can be a blessing to those who want a dual display system but don't have a digital monitor. This is a DVI-VGA adapter and allows a second VGA display to be hooked up via the DVI port on the board. From there it only takes a few seconds to set up the display properties and you'll be all set to enjoy some dual display goodness.
Once upon a time, you could expect to see a good software package any time you purchased a new video board. When the prices of these boards began reaching into the higher realms, most manufacturers began doing away with the software to help keep prices down a bit. Sapphire has pretty much always gone back to the basics in this regard and this board is no different.
Included software consists of a driver disk, DVD playback software, digital editing software, the full version of Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow and the full version of Prince of Persia, Sands of Time. If you dig down a little deeper you'll also come up with a utility called Redline, which is Sapphire's own overclocking utility. Yes, you heard right, Sapphire includes a utility to overclock their video board. Talk about confidence in your own product line!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 3 [The Video Board]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 4 [The Video Board ~ Cont.]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Methodology]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Futuremark]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 11 [AA/AF Quality]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 12 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic delays full free-to-play version of Fortnite into 2019
- Oculus co-founder Brendan Iribe leaves company
- EA shakeup prompts Jade Raymond's departure
- Fallout 76 has 150 hours of side quests, will grow over time
- Halo 6 being developed with esports in mind
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam