Doom 3 is the latest game to hit our test lab and is one of the most intensive games to dates. With our own custom time demo we are able to give a realistic rating on what kind of FPS you will be achieving.
For more information on benchmarking Doom 3 we recommend you check out our extensive article here.
We've known for some time that Doom 3 was going to be a video card killer. The game uses massive textures and pumps this huge amount of data straight into the system graphics board and lets it try to keep up. While faster systems will make a difference, the video card will play a larger role in overall game performance.
Settings for the game were set to HQ (High Quality) during our testing. For those who haven't taken the plunge yet and played this game, HQ sets most settings to very high levels of detail and is the next to highest video quality setting available. UQ (Ultra Quality), the highest setting, is designed for next generation boards, which will come with 512MB installed memory.
A quick glance is all it takes to see the advantage of the X800 XT over the Radeon 9800 Pro. While we always expect to see the smallest amount of difference at the lower resolutions, we were still able to post a 50% performance increase at 1024x768. From there it just went on as we scored a 103% increase at 1280x1024 and an awe inspiring 145% performance increase at 1600x1200 resolution. No matter how large your display or how large you want the resolution set, this board has what it takes to create a very playable Doom 3 experience.
Last updated: Dec 13, 2019 at 07:15 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 3 [The Video Board]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 4 [The Video Board ~ Cont.]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Methodology]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Futuremark]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 11 [AA/AF Quality]
- Sapphire X800 XT - Page 12 [Overclocking and Conclusion]