Test System Setup and Overclocking
Sitting alongside our ASRock X99 OC Formula motherboard, which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked, we've got a number of other options. Our other options today include the MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC, ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme, ASUS X99 Deluxe, and GIAGBYTE X99 UD5-WIFI to round out the X99 options, which are all using the Intel i7 5960X EE CPU.
Along with those, we also have the ASRock Z97X Killer, and ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII FORMULA, which are Z97 based boards using the much more budget friendly i7 4790K CPU. As always, before we get into the performance of our board today, we need to take a quick look at what's going on with the board as far as overclocking is concerned.
To overclock today, I opted to use the 4.5GHz profile, which gives us a really good start as far as clock speeds go. More importantly, this is a good area for the voltages to be at. Since I knew this clock speed wouldn't be an issue, I increased the multiplier even higher.
In the end, after messing around for a while, the multiplier was stable at 47x, which gives us a 4.7GHz core clock with the base 100 BCLK. Along with this, we managed to get a tiny boost out of the BCLK, which came in at 100.26. This, in turn, boosted the CPU clock even higher, with the final clock speed coming in at 4712MHz, or 4.712GHz as shown in our graphs today. This is one of the highest clocks we've seen to date, if not slightly higher by a few MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ