Test System Setup and Overclocking
Sitting alongside our ASRock X99 OC Formula motherboard, which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked, we've got a number of other options. Our other options today include the MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC, ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme, ASUS X99 Deluxe, and GIAGBYTE X99 UD5-WIFI to round out the X99 options, which are all using the Intel i7 5960X EE CPU.
Along with those, we also have the ASRock Z97X Killer, and ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII FORMULA, which are Z97 based boards using the much more budget friendly i7 4790K CPU. As always, before we get into the performance of our board today, we need to take a quick look at what's going on with the board as far as overclocking is concerned.
To overclock today, I opted to use the 4.5GHz profile, which gives us a really good start as far as clock speeds go. More importantly, this is a good area for the voltages to be at. Since I knew this clock speed wouldn't be an issue, I increased the multiplier even higher.
In the end, after messing around for a while, the multiplier was stable at 47x, which gives us a 4.7GHz core clock with the base 100 BCLK. Along with this, we managed to get a tiny boost out of the BCLK, which came in at 100.26. This, in turn, boosted the CPU clock even higher, with the final clock speed coming in at 4712MHz, or 4.712GHz as shown in our graphs today. This is one of the highest clocks we've seen to date, if not slightly higher by a few MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019