Sticking to the basics, Fractal Design packs the Define R5 in plain cardboard with black screen printing for the naming across the top, a rendering of the chassis in the center, and the company logo and web address at the bottom.
Here we find the chassis naming at the top once again, and near the middle, we see the FD-CA-DEF-R5-BK model number is checked off, denoting we have the black model, and not white or titanium. Just below this, we find a rendering of the internal layout as it is shipped.
Around back, we find nine features listed, including the chassis' silent operation, H2O support, ModuVent system, GP14 fans, dust filters, HDD cage modularity, hidden drive bays, front panel, and the quick release panel. The rendering at the bottom shows the chassis, notes where things are located, and how to remove or access them.
The last panel of the package offers both of the charts we discussed, and makes customers fully aware of the cooling and water cooling options by separating those specifications from the rest of the chassis specifications.
There is nothing super special about the inner packaging, yet the use of a thin inner liner, and Styrofoam end caps was more than enough to take the hits the box shows in the images. The Define R5 inside arrived damage-free, and in great shape.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Define R5 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Define R5]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Radeon Vega Instinct: refreshed 7nm Vega 20 hits AMD labs
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.36 after code
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit