The Listening Experience
I've got to admit, after years of gaming and never owning a previous Siberia headset, I was excited. There's so much talk about the Siberia range of headsets, and while I've tried them out for hours on end when I used to work in IT retail, I had never personally owned one.
I played 20-30 hours of Battlefield 4 with the Siberia Elite Prism, as well as Alien: Isolation, and loved every minute of it. Each bullet and explosion on the battlefield felt like it was right there, with it sounding nice and crisp.
There were no bad experiences with gaming, as even in Alien: Isolation, I could hear the individual footsteps of the main character on the ground. She wasn't wearing shoes or socks in the opening scenes, and the metallic flooring of the ship was making her feet sound incredibly realistic - something that the Elite Prism provided me with its amazing audio quality.
It's those little things that make headsets like the Siberia Elite Prism stand out from the rest, those minute little details that you wouldn't normally pick up on another headset.
When it came to music and movies, the bass that the Siberia Elite Prism pumped out was much better than I thought it would be. Tracks like PSY - Gentlemen had a nice thump to them, while scores from Hans Zimmer are nice and crisp, with great highs, and just as good lows.
The Included USB SteelSeries Sound Card
This is something that you don't get with most headsets, but SteelSeries has to go above and beyond their competitors. In between the headset and your PC, is a USB SteelSeries Sound Card, something that "unlocks Dolby technologies, microphone noise cancellation, illumination settings and more". It's a great tool, you can even plug any other headset up to it!
SteelSeries Engine 3 Software
SteelSeries provides, as a download, its SteelSeries Engine 3 software, which lets you configure your Elite Prism headset in more ways than one. Not only can you play around with the equalizer, but you can change the colors of the lights on the side of the headset, as well as update the firmware - which is a really, really nice touch, especially for a headset.
Here we have the first part of the SteelSeries Engine 3 software, where you can have multiple SteelSeries products (such as keyboards and mice, or maybe another headset) and control them all from this one point.
Updating firmware was something that was super-easy.
Once the firmware is updated, you can begin tweaking your Siberia Elite Prism.
Inside of the software, you have a bunch of options to play with: the LEDs on the side of the headset itself, turning Dolby Headphone on or off, the Equalizer with various presets (or your own custom one), mic noise reduction can be enabled or disabled, auto mic compression can be turned on or off, mic sidetone provides four different options, and mic volume can be played with.
You can even enable a live preview of the changes, so you can listen to your tweaks as you go.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam