Back in February, we had our very first look at the CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt storage device. Now nine months later, CalDigit has upgraded the T3 to Thunderbolt 2, releasing both HDD and SSD based solutions.
The CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt 2 allows another level of flexible storage; where typical two bay solutions are limited to RAID 0 or 1, the T3 can utilize RAID 0 on two HDDs, while having a third bay for SSD storage. If you choose to go for full on performance, the T3 with a full complement of SSDs is capable of 1100 MB/s, where if you choose capacity over speed, you can utilize up to 15TB at 580 MB/s.
Let's dive in now and take a close look.
Pricing, Availability and Specifications
Marketing specifications for the CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt 2 have the weight of the unit coming in just over 6lbs with SSDs installed, while HDDs increase the weight by nearly four pounds up to 9.98lbs. RAID mode support includes RAID 0, 1 and JBOD with hot swappable drives. Cooling the enclosure, we have an 80mm fan operating at 1500 RPM, pushing 21.9CFM at 17dba. Compatibility of the T3 Thunderbolt 2 extends to OS X 10.8+.
The CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt 2 comes in many variations, including 3TB, 6TB, 9TB, 12TB and 15TB hard drive based models, with MSRPs coming in at $599.99, $749.99, $899.99, $1199.99 and $1399.99, respectively. Solid State based models are available in a 3TB capacity, with a MSRP of $2799.99. Each of these units carry a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt 2 Professional RAID External Hard Drive 9TB (T32-9000-US-90) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt 2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & OS X Benchmarks]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena of Valor will debut to the Nintendo Switch September
- Here's the list of NVIDIA RTX-capable games
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Boot Selection Always Shows up on Startup
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- JUST CAUSE 4 WORLD EXCLUSIVE TORNADO GAMEPLAY REVEAL
- CIRCLE Entertainment will publish platformer Button Button on Nintendo Switch
- 11-11: MEMORIES RETOLDSTORY TRAILER REVEALED
- Microids fills out its catalogue for the end of 2018!
- The Gardens Between Bends Time on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam Sept. 20