A Closer Look
There isn't much on the device itself except a reset button. You must power the ScreenBeam Mini2 through its micro USB port, some TVs have them, but many don't.
Here at TweakTown we void our warranty so you don't have to! I am like Curious George, I always want to know what's inside the device, and the ScreenBeam Mini2 is no exception.
However, there isn't much to see here, everything sensitive is contained within shielding, and I wasn't about to unsolder the shielding from the board. You can get a glimpse of the receiver antenna in the PCB.
All you have to do is plug in the ScreenBeam Mini2 into the HDMI port on any TV and then switch the input on the TV to the HDMI port. I actually control this TV with my phone's IR transmitter so I used my phone to change the input.
Then I go into the screen mirroring menu of my Galaxy S4 and the ScreenBeam Mini2 is right where it should be, I just tap it to connect. I thought that it wasn't possible to connect directly to my Wi-Fi and to the ScreenBeam Mini2 as I would be using Miracast, however it was possible.
Once both devices see each other, the ScreenBeam Mini2 lets you know that "Magic is about to happen".
I decided to try Netflix streaming in HD. It worked. It worked well. You can almost see the HD quality in the photo of my TV. Audio came through very nicely as well. There was no noticeable lag between the phone and the TV like there was with early WiDi systems I had seen in 2011.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TSMC feels the cryptomining mining chip crunch
- Oculus Go standalone VR headset should debut in May for $199
- Ataribox branded as Atari VCS, is a 'connected device'
- God of War is a huge 'epic on Horizon: Zero Dawn's scale'
- Office 2016 Professional Plus CD-Key Global: just $31.50!
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit