Version and / or Patch Used: Latest Steam Update
BioShock Infinite continues the trend of very little change in overall FPS when comparing the 8GB R9 290X from Sapphire to the 4GB reference clocked version from HIS.
What's worse, though, is the fact that at the highest resolution, you can see the AMD offerings fall short of that 60 FPS average, while the GTX 970 4GB manages to hit it with no problem, giving us a 66 FPS average.
Version and / or Patch Used: Latest Origin Update
Battlefield 4 numbers are solid across the board, but when we put both setups on an even playing field and don't use Mantle, you can see that the AMD offerings manage to fall slightly behind again. Of course, the big advantage for AMD and Battlefield 4 is that you do have the option to enable Mantle, which will help give a solid boost in overall FPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Catzilla & Unigine Heaven]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Valley & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro: Last Light & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Hitman: Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing Continued]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's b2b shop could revolutionize PC game reselling
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM