8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
Two ULLtraDIMMs at 70% utilization deliver 129,474 IOPS, and with 100% utilization, we receive an average of 137,415 IOPS. Both 100% and 70% utilizations of a single ULLtraDIMM weighed in with 73,000 IOPS.
Two ULLtraDIMMs in a striped RAID configuration deliver a resounding win in this test.
The benefits of extra overprovisioning are very clear. One ULLtraDIMM with 70% utilization nearly reaches the speed of two ULLtraDIMMs at 100% utilization. A single ULLtraDIMM with 100% utilization reaches 19,743 IOPS, and with 70% utilization, it weighs in with 34,547 IOPS. With two ULLtraDIMMs in RAID at 70% utilization, we observe 67,655 IOPS at 256 OIO, and higher speeds with lower loads. With 100% utilization, they score 38,897 IOPS at 256 OIO.
Once again, two ULLtraDIMMs dominate with an outstanding Latency-to-IOPS measurement.
The ULLtraDIMMs scale well in mixed workloads, and latency falls within expected scaling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TSMC pumps $25 billion into 5nm node, expected in 2020
- TSMC ramps 7nm production: new GPUs, AI, crypto chips coming
- Yawn: Intel Z390 chipset rumored to be rebadged Z370
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000 rumors: 16GB RAM in a smartphone
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit