MCS Management Console
The MCS Management Console is simple and intuitive. It provides granular control of the device, and real-time performance, endurance, and thermal monitoring.
In the settings pane, the device can be placed offline for maintenance purposes. Maintenance mode allows the creation of new arrays with the selection to the bottom left, and ULLtraDIMMs can be configured in striped or mirrored arrays. Users can also indicate whether they would like to utilize TRIM functionality, which is a great inclusion for an enterprise SSD.
The ULLtraDIMM is configurable with 512B or 4K alignments. Each ULLtraDIMM has 28% of transparent overprovisioning. Extra overprovisioning can be added in 10% increments, up to 90% of the addressable capacity. Extra overprovisioning provides better performance, consistency, and endurance.
This incredible granularity allows for easy tuning of the SSD to varying workloads. There are also Format, Secure Erase, and Crypto Erase options.
The status area allows us to observe just how much pain we put on the ULLtraDIMM during initial testing. The lifetime read and write activity is on display, along with power on hours, and other relevant information. We thoroughly tested every parameter with no issues.
The MCS Management Console allows for in-system firmware updates, and upgrades occur while the device is in online mode.
An exhaustive help section explains the functions and features.
Once the device is brought online in the MCS Management Console, it immediately appears in the Disk Management and Server Manager utilities. The ULLtraDIMM is configurable, and operates as a normal block storage device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz