Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
Looking at the company that the Kraken X31 is keeping in our stock testing, we feel it is right where it should be with the 51 degree result. At this point, it is right up with the Enermax AIOs, and is just slightly outperformed by a few AIOs that are much larger than this cooler.
With the overclocked settings applied, and the tests run, we found the Kraken X31 delivers an average temperature of 71.25 degrees. While it doesn't look outstanding in the middle of the chart, you have to see that it is only 7 degrees out of the lead. While there are a couple of coolers in this range that are cheaper in cost, nothing close to it has software to play with.
Noise Level Results
With the input voltage to the 120mm fan limited, and speed recorded at 1300 RPM, we found the 27 dB rating here pleasing. From over a foot away, it is hard to discern this from any other fan in the system.
With the power to the fan maxed, we saw the speed move up to 1936 RPM at the top end, and here it delivered 52 dB of noise. While this is getting into the noisy range, it is about the average across all coolers we tested.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NZXT Kraken X31 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD rumored to launch 7nm Navi GPUs on 7/7
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases