Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
Looking at the company that the Kraken X31 is keeping in our stock testing, we feel it is right where it should be with the 51 degree result. At this point, it is right up with the Enermax AIOs, and is just slightly outperformed by a few AIOs that are much larger than this cooler.
With the overclocked settings applied, and the tests run, we found the Kraken X31 delivers an average temperature of 71.25 degrees. While it doesn't look outstanding in the middle of the chart, you have to see that it is only 7 degrees out of the lead. While there are a couple of coolers in this range that are cheaper in cost, nothing close to it has software to play with.
Noise Level Results
With the input voltage to the 120mm fan limited, and speed recorded at 1300 RPM, we found the 27 dB rating here pleasing. From over a foot away, it is hard to discern this from any other fan in the system.
With the power to the fan maxed, we saw the speed move up to 1936 RPM at the top end, and here it delivered 52 dB of noise. While this is getting into the noisy range, it is about the average across all coolers we tested.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NZXT Kraken X31 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam