Installation and Finished Product
First thing is first. Since the blue in the CPU block does not match our test system, we started off by using a fine, flat-tipped screw driver to get under the heads of the four pins we removed by pulling them straight out of the block.
It would seem reasonable that the cover plate would simply fall away once the pins come out, but in reality, there is a bit of a vacuum between the plates, and we used that same screwdriver to lift a corner and get the black painted clear cover out.
All we have to do now, with the blue insert now out of the way, is place in the red insert, and reverse the steps we already took to get everything securely back on the top of the block.
That's much better. Now our H220-X matches the chassis, as well as the black and red theme of the test system we run.
There are tiny pads on the reverse of this back plate, and you will need to peel the cover off of them to allow this plate to stick to the board and hold it in place. Orientation of the plate is restricted, and will only go on in one way, as only one side is cut to allow for the socket bolts.
Adding some thermal paste and screwing the block down is simple enough. For our installation, we mimic a standard chassis, using the top of the chassis as the exhaust, and reorienting the fans to aid in this process. In this image, we are all connected and running. The photo lights washed out the reservoir LED, but the water block is glowing red.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases