Packaging and NZXT Grid+ Fan Hub
Things are kept sleek and simple on the front of the Grid+ packaging. There is a bold yellow block highlighting the product name, and an image of the fan hub in the center of the packaging. The packaging also lists the dimensions, power delivery, and warranty at the bottom.
On the back there is much more to absorb. Near the top we see a preview of the CAM software, and what is available there. Under that is an explanation of the idea behind the design, and at the bottom are five icons covering the software, built-in current protection, the six channels, the hub's discreetness, and that extension cables are included. Inside is a thin plastic tray that contains all the bits, and as you will see, our Grid+ arrived in great shape.
This is the side of the Grid+ you will see most often, the top. On it, "GRID+" is indented into the top cover, and off to the left side, we can see the small bit of acrylic where the white LED will denote power, and be easily viewable.
The bottom edge of this device is where the USB 2.0 to micro-USB cable plugs. To the right of that is the round power adapter that the Molex lead plugs into to power the Grid+; there is nothing too hard to handle here.
Both sides of the hub look like this, but in mirror image of each other, of course. This is where you either use the extensions, y-splitters, or plug any three-pin fan directly into this hub. There are a total of six channels between both sides.
With anything electrical, there will be heat produced from the reduction of voltage, and NZXT took that into consideration, which is why the top edge of the Grid+ is open and vented to passively allow the internals to cool off if needed.
The lower half of the outer shell has the NZXT name pressed into this panel. It also has three screws, so we can easily gander at the bits inside. This is also where you would use the 3M Dual Lock to attach this to your chassis of choice.
With the bottom half of the outer shell removed, we find the bold white PCB inside. This is the back of the PCB, but we do see the Dale Electronics R47F resistors used in this design.
On the flip side, there are the six fan connections, and the power and USB ports to the left. In the middle, we find 16V, 470 microfarad, chemical caps used. The STM8S10 eight-bit MCU in the middle and the MCP2200 USB Bridge IC at the top left are a bit tougher to see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and NZXT Grid+ Fan Hub]
- Page 3 [Accessories and Documentation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit