Sequential Mixed Read / Write Workloads
In this series of tests, we measure mixed workload performance. We start with 100% read, and then add data writes to the mix in 10% increments until we get to 100% writes. We believe this will be the next major area SSD manufacturers will address after performance consistency.
Sequential Mixed Workload Bandwidth
The low random performance may lead some of us to retire HyperX 3K drives instead of purchasing a new one, but the drive still has many strong areas. None of us just read or just write data exclusively. At any given time, most SSDs are reading and writing small files in the background.
This is a mixed workload test that shows 100% reads moving down to 100% writes in 10% increments. The SandForce architecture is very good under mixed workloads.
Sequential 80% Read / 20% Write Bandwidth
Using the 80% read and 20% write mark as a measuring stick, the HyperX 3K dominates this test. It's also important to know we're using 50% incompressible data in these tests, and not 100% compressible data that would favor SandForce's architecture.
Random Mixed Workload Response Time
In this series, we use 50% read / 50% write random data to measure mixed IOPS performance. On the previous page, the HyperX 3K's IOPS performance looked, well frankly pitiful, against other products. However, here we see that under real-world conditions, the field has leveled out, and the HyperX 3K is actually a competitive product to the latest drives on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series