HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
Reading across the entire user available span of the Ultra II 480GB gave us an average speed of 473.4 MB/s. The only other drive on our chart that is faster in this test is the SanDisk Extreme PRO, SanDisk's flagship consumer SSD.
The Ultra II's SLC layer gives us a sequential write performance boost for a small slice of this test. Sequential write performance quickly drops down to TLC levels, around 200 MB/s with 64KB data.
Here we see the actual test, and can spot how far into the test the performance dips. Even though the SLC area can write at 430 MB/s, when it has to dump the data down to TLC, the writes slow to just over 200 MB/s.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
After writing to the full span of the drive with sequential data, and then a handful of random data write bursts, we run HD Tach to see what real-world, light workload sequential performance is like. The Ultra II 480GB has a few drops to roughly 110 MB/s, but for the most part, performance stays above 150MB/s and averages 200.9 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 76 beta comes first to Xbox One
- Cyberpunk 2077 is a FPS RPG, has strong emphasis on choice
- AMD Threadripper 2990X 32-core monster detailed in leak
- Mario Tennis Aces will feature Diddy Kong & more as DLC's
- WWE 2K19 Special Editions revealed and release date unveil
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit