HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
Reading across the entire user available span of the Ultra II 480GB gave us an average speed of 473.4 MB/s. The only other drive on our chart that is faster in this test is the SanDisk Extreme PRO, SanDisk's flagship consumer SSD.
The Ultra II's SLC layer gives us a sequential write performance boost for a small slice of this test. Sequential write performance quickly drops down to TLC levels, around 200 MB/s with 64KB data.
Here we see the actual test, and can spot how far into the test the performance dips. Even though the SLC area can write at 430 MB/s, when it has to dump the data down to TLC, the writes slow to just over 200 MB/s.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
After writing to the full span of the drive with sequential data, and then a handful of random data write bursts, we run HD Tach to see what real-world, light workload sequential performance is like. The Ultra II 480GB has a few drops to roughly 110 MB/s, but for the most part, performance stays above 150MB/s and averages 200.9 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz