Sequential Mixed Read / Write Workloads
In this series of tests, we measure mixed workload performance. We start with 100% read and then add data writes to the mix in 10% increments until we get to 100% writes. We believe this will be the next major area SSD manufacturers will address after performance consistency.
Sequential Mixed Workload Bandwidth
The low random performance may make it sound like the SF-2281 should be retired to the dustbin of history, but that's far from the case. In this test, we uses a 50% mix of compressible and incompressible data, and measure sequential performance with a mix or reads and writes. SATA can't read and write at the same time, but when multitasking, we ask our drives to read and write many items as fast as possible. The 530 Series allows you to read and write rapidly without slowing down significantly.
Sequential 80% Read / 20% Write Bandwidth
For consumer workloads, we use the 80% read and 20% write mark to test performance. Here we see the SF-2281 controlled drives have a significant advantage in this test.
Random Mixed Workload Response Time
In the random test, we use 50% reads and 50% writes, and scale the drives by queue depth. The lower random speeds of the 530 Series show up here, but as you can see, the results with mixed data are not as low as they were in comparison to the other drives in our previous random data queue depth scale test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz