HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
Using 64KB data blocks to measure sequential performance, we scored the Intel 530 Series 480GB with an average of 418 MB/s. Compared to the other drives on the chart, the SF-2281 is starting to show it's age. However, with that age comes maturity, and the SF-2281 is a very stable drive without any major issues.
These days you pay for write performance. As flash lithography shrank, die sizes grew larger, and write performance has suffered. The 530 Series doesn't seem to have any issue with the Intel 20nm flash when writing sequential data. This test uses compressible data, but in CrystalDiskMark we scored the sequential write speed with incompressible data at just over 330 MB/s. We'll talk more about this on the next page of this review.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
After writing to the full span of the drive a few times with sequential data and a reasonable amount of random data, we ran HD Tach with 128KB sequential data to see how the 530 Series performs with garbage collection working. The sequential write speed dips in a few places to a bit over 200 MB/s, but we don't have any massive dips like some low-cost SSDs leave us with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit