HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
Using 64KB data blocks to measure sequential performance, we scored the Intel 530 Series 480GB with an average of 418 MB/s. Compared to the other drives on the chart, the SF-2281 is starting to show it's age. However, with that age comes maturity, and the SF-2281 is a very stable drive without any major issues.
These days you pay for write performance. As flash lithography shrank, die sizes grew larger, and write performance has suffered. The 530 Series doesn't seem to have any issue with the Intel 20nm flash when writing sequential data. This test uses compressible data, but in CrystalDiskMark we scored the sequential write speed with incompressible data at just over 330 MB/s. We'll talk more about this on the next page of this review.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
After writing to the full span of the drive a few times with sequential data and a reasonable amount of random data, we ran HD Tach with 128KB sequential data to see how the 530 Series performs with garbage collection working. The sequential write speed dips in a few places to a bit over 200 MB/s, but we don't have any massive dips like some low-cost SSDs leave us with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]