Now that we've seen that there isn't much to this device to complicate things, lets go over the drive installation. The drive being used for testing is a little older Seagate Barracuda 40GB model. While it isn't as fast as many available today, it still has a lot of usefulness left in it and was just sitting on a shelf before having a chance to be productive once again.
After removing both covers, it is a simple matter to connect the Molex and ribbon cables to the hard drive. It works just like when you install it into a normal enclosure. Once the cables are hooked up, however, things can get a bit tricky. Here is what I mean:
As you can see, things get a bit tight when you insert the hard drive into the enclosure. Just a bit extra length to the main unit would be helpful here, but you can get the drive inserted fully if you work carefully. The lack of room also makes it difficult to install the top cover plate but a little perseverance will pay off in the end.
Once you get the drive inserted it is time to secure it in place. With the four larger screws that come with the kit, simply screw them into the base of the hard drive. The holes are universal to modern drives so there won't be any problems with fit. Once the drive is secured, it will effectively eliminate excess vibration caused when the drive spindle spins up.
The final step before hooking it to your system is to get both cover plates back on. Remember back on the Contents page when I mentioned a small screwdriver? You'll need it here because these screws are tiny. Once you get both covers back in place we're ready to see how this thing performs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Starfield could be the star of Bethesda's E3 2019
- Information that your Internet Service Provider stores
- Latest Red Dead Redemption 2 patch downscales PS4 graphics
- System Shock 3 devs leave Starbreeze, game is 'halfway' done
- Valve release Dota 2 betting app feature 'Dota Plus'
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- here at personate in a apologetic irregardless by recognition
- foreign wish over wit at diggings in the incite
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration
- Buckle Up, Buttercup: Skybound And NMC Studios' Vehicular Battle Royale Game notmycar hits Steam Early Access April 5th
- Haggle Your Way to Riches in Bargain Hunter for Nintendo Switch