We've heard the name Vantec before and usually think cooling, but that isn't the case today. Like so many companies in the peripheral market, Vantec has branched out into other areas to bring more to the market than just another heatsink.
This brings up the contestant in today's review, the Vantec NexStar External 3.5" Hard Drive Enclosure. This device not only allows you to set up your spare hard drive as an external unit, it also gives you the choice of USB 2.0 or IEEE1394 (Firewire).
We'll run it through some tests to see how data flows from this device and compare it to a recently tested unit from Thermaltake. After all, it's your hard earned money and you need to know how best to spend it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Ryzen 5 2600 is up to 31% faster than Ryzen 5 1600
- Fallout 4 mod offers 4K texture pack, looks way better
- 400-person battle royale game receives first teaser trailer
- 1440p testing for Xbox One X is coming soon
- Jaxx crypto wallet has gaping security holes
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit