We've heard the name Vantec before and usually think cooling, but that isn't the case today. Like so many companies in the peripheral market, Vantec has branched out into other areas to bring more to the market than just another heatsink.
This brings up the contestant in today's review, the Vantec NexStar External 3.5" Hard Drive Enclosure. This device not only allows you to set up your spare hard drive as an external unit, it also gives you the choice of USB 2.0 or IEEE1394 (Firewire).
We'll run it through some tests to see how data flows from this device and compare it to a recently tested unit from Thermaltake. After all, it's your hard earned money and you need to know how best to spend it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG coming to PS4 this December for $30
- Snoop Dogg receives first copy of Spyro Reignited via drone
- First live action Pokemon Detective Pikachu trailer released
- NES Controller pre-order available for Switch Online members
- PlayStation's Black Friday Sale: $199 = 1TB PS4 + Spider-Man
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms