Here we get our first look at the Thecus N8810U-G unit. The front door has a window in the middle so you can see the display, but covers the display and power / reset buttons.
With the non-locking door open, we see the drive configuration and button system for the display in the middle and buttons on the far left side for power and reset functions, next to the status LEDs.
Status LEDs on the far left are mixed in with power, reset and alarm mute buttons.
The display in the center of the N8810U-G NAS has four function buttons between the left and center drive sleds. The display and buttons allow users to check the status of the system and even manipulate some of the basic functions.
The last set of drives are located on the far right side of the system. Aluminum handles on each side make installing the system easy and the included sliding rails allow the NAS to be pulled from the server rack.
The N8810U-G's backplane will accept SAS drives, but the system is configured for SATA drives only inside.
Two USB ports on the front of the NAS allow administrators to update the firmware or back up data quickly.
Ventilation perforations on the side of the NAS allows air to exit the back of the system.
Additional vents on the back of the system allows the fans in the front to push air to the back and out of the system.
The N8810U-G ships with a redundant power supply configuration. This allows the system to operate even if a PSU fails.
Most of the I/O on the system is in the middle of the NAS. HDMI and VGA allow for video output. Two USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0 ports are under the gigabit Ethernet ports.
10GbE capability comes from a Thecus C10GTR card. The card uses just 4.95 watts of power in 10GbE mode and 3.3 watts at gigabit speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Software Features]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [Thecus N8810U-G]
- Page 5 [Inside the Thecus N8810U-G]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - RAID 5 Single Client Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Latency and Power Consumption]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon