Looking inside the Thecus N8810U-G, I realized this model is easier to upgrade over the pedestal N7710-G model. Thecus used one of four DRAM slots available with a 4GB of DDR3 ECC stick. 4GB is average for this class of server, but we suspect the performance would increase with more RAM. The N8810U-G is already fast for the price, and the features are a knockout punch for those who would even think of building a storage server this powerful and with this many features.
One of the great features on this series is the AES 256-bit RAID Volume Encryption that encrypts the entire RAID volume. This aids in protecting your data from physical theft. It's also just one in a long list of features. Thecus now has over 200 software modules that add to the value of the N8810U-G. If the server doesn't already have a function you require preinstalled, it's very easy to install a module with the GUI interface - there is no programming experience required.
The standout feature on this unit is the fat pipe to the network. 10GbE is ten times more bandwidth than most other products on the market. This gives users more bandwidth for file transfer or more virtual machines running off of the same server. This reduces the overall cost since you can run more traffic to a single server instead of using more than one server. Two years ago this feature cost significantly more than it does now and was still something you had to piece together.
The Thecus N8810U-G brings everything together in one easy to manage package that comes at a low price. 10 gigabit is the new gigabit for business use and virtualization environments. Doing more with less is now possible and the investment costs are now palatable.
PRICING: You can find the Thecus N8810U-G 8-Bay 10GbE Rackmount NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Thecus N8810U-G 8-Bay 10GbE Rackmount NAS retails for $1743.55 at Amazon.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||98%|
|Bundle and Packaging||97%|
|Value for Money||97%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||97%|
The Bottom Line: Thecus' N8810U-G rackmount NAS brings exceptional build quality and enterprise functions down to the SMB level. The performance is very high with a large pipe to the network, while the cost is lower than most would expect.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Software Features]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [Thecus N8810U-G]
- Page 5 [Inside the Thecus N8810U-G]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - RAID 5 Single Client Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Latency and Power Consumption]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series