Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
For this sort of testing, while we limit the fan speed, we do allow the pump to roll at full speed. With this kit, we found the DDC 3.2 spinning at 4500 RPM, and emitting only a slight hum. This allowed the EKWB Supremacy EVO to jump up near the top of the list with the 48 degree results in our stock testing.
Considering the other parts we used are nothing super special, that is not to downplay EKWB quality, but we could have assembled similar components from other makers and would have likely gotten very similar results. With our overclock now in play, we find the Supremacy EVO steps up another notch as it settles in third place with the 66.91 degree average in our testing.
We are not including a noise level test, as there were no fans included, and this will change with everyone's personal preference in fan choice. Looking in our pile-o-fans, we grabbed a pair of Swiftech Helix-120-BW-PWM fans to use in testing. Just for reference, these fans spun at 1200 RPM for the stock testing, and they were recorded spinning at 1800RPM to gain the results we see above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [EK Supremacy EVO Clear CSQ Copper/Plexi CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM