Accessories and Documentation
In this image you can see the top nuts and springs to secure the block. Below that are the universal standoffs screws that go into the back plate, and to their right are the four for the LGA2011 and V3 sockets. At the bottom, we find the optional jet plate with a 0.3mm opening where the default plate is 0.25mm, a wrench, and washers to isolate the motherboard.
There are also two back plates in this kit. The one to the left is specific for LGA115X sockets only. The one on the right is for AMD, and Intel LGA775 and 1366 mounts. Under this plate, there is a two piece rubber pad that comes apart for the LGA115X usage, and stays together for the bracket it is under currently.
As we alluded to earlier, there is the AMD top plate. To use this, you need to disassemble the block, and after removing the copper base, the mounting plate can be swapped out.
The part like this we saw already in the block was what is referred to as insert one, making this insert two. From the instructions, we gather that insert one is designed specifically for Intel, but this insert two is designed to be used with an AMD processor.
The instructions are essentially one sheet of paper with print on both sides. It does a very good job with its text descriptions to aid in getting through the renderings provided. It even makes sure to tell you at the appropriate time, before installation, to verify the correct insert, and jet plate are being used. We also received a tube of Gelid thermal compound.
Since the Supremacy EVO cannot cool a CPU all on its own, EKWB has sent along some accompanying goodies to test the block with. We received the CoolStream PE 240mm radiator, the DDC 3.2 PWM X-Res 100 pump/reservoir combo, and some clear tubing. We also get a jug of Ekoolant Pastel White concentrate made by Mayhems, and a compression fitting to help keep the installation looking clean.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [EK Supremacy EVO Clear CSQ Copper/Plexi CPU Water Block]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zombie outfit/snapshot filters come to Super Mario Odyysey
- ZOTAC's new MEK ULTRA gaming rigs pack GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
- Blizzard to share 'some Diablo-related news at BlizzCon 2018
- Black Ops 4 weekend sales don't beat Black Ops 3
- Red Dead Redemption 2 launch trailer shows renegade thievery
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam