Apotop S3C 256GB SSD
Apotop uses what I call Samuel L. Jackson Purple (from Mace Windu's light saber in Star Wars) for the A3C package and drive. It's a nice, deep purple color. The cut out on the front of the box allows us to see the capacity.
The retail package shows us the model and serial number. We also found a sticker on the back, and some performance information.
Inside of the box we found the S3C SSD, along with the accessories in the package. You get a desktop adapter bracket, a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter, and screws for mounting the drive.
Apotop used a reflective chrome-like label that is difficult to capture in a picture.
This is a 7mm z-height drive, so it will fit in your new Ultrabook that requires a slimmer SSD.
Inside we found a full size PCB that was underutilized to get to 256GB.
The controller is from Silicon Motion, and it's the SM2246EN model.
There are four NAND packages total, two on each side. The flash isn't marked other than a five digit code, G4Z81.
There is a single DRAM package of unknown density. The top says A-TOP.
Apotop's specifications page says this is synchronous flash. We suspect it's Micron 20nm die in the package, but we can't confirm.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Apotop S3C 256GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 6 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit