Test System Setup
For all tests we have run, we used default BIOS settings.
This is the CPUz screen, showing the various stats of the Xeon E3-1276 v3 CPU. As you can see, this CPU has a max TDP of 84 watts, and core voltage of 0.720V.
This is a quad-core CPU with hyper-threading, giving us four cores/eight threads to work with. The CPU has a stock speed of 3.6GHz, and a turbo of up to 4.0GHz. In addition to four CPU cores, the microprocessor embeds HD P4600 Graphics Processing Unit. While this graphics unit is not fast enough to play the latest games with all settings on, it can be used for casual gaming and 3D apps. The memory we used in our tests is 32GBs of Kingston RAM, KVR16E11/8EF 1.5V CL11 1600MHz. Features of the E3-1276 v3 processor are:
The Intel Xeon E3-1276 v3 processor is a very powerful CPU that matches up very well in workstations like the P300. Many features like VT-x and VT-d can come in handy if you plan to use VMs on the system. Virtualization (VT-x) Features lower entry/exit latency, which reduces VMM overhead, and increases overall virtualization performance. VM control structure (VMCS) shadowing enables efficient nested VMM usages, such as manageability and VM protection.
Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) 2.0 has also been updated to AVX2, which now uses 256-bits floating point SIMD instructions. This will allow you to use up to twice the amount of packed data with a single instruction. Turbo and AVX Improvements will automatically allow processor cores to run faster than rated, and AVX frequencies if they are operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.
The video card that came with our system is the NVIDIA Quadro K4000. The K4000 and other NVIDIA video cards available for the P300 allow it to be certified to run many key professional independent software vendor (ISV) applications, including Adobe, Autodesk®, Dassault, PTC, SolidWorks, Avid, and Siemens. The main specification list for the NVIDIA Quadro K4000 is shown here. The K4000 is a powerful workstation video card, and is able to run demanding applications, and has the ability to use OpenCL and Cuda applications on the P300.
Looking at the GPUz screenshot for the K4000 gives us a fully detailed breakdown of the specifications for the K4000. Let's move forward now with testing the Lenovo ThinkStation P300 Tower Workstation. We will show test results from actual workstations we have tested, and not just motherboards. Workstation load outs can effect scores vs motherboards that have far less options installed. We will also keep this on same socket setups, so processor classes will not be mixed up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Bundled Software]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [System and CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [UnixBench 5.1.3 and SPEC CPU2006v1.2]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate weekly events: Spirits & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1.2.0 changes: Matchmaking/fighters
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender