Evercool Venti HPQ-12025 CPU Cooler
Our first look at the Evercool Venti is from the front, where we can see the four pipes coming out of the aluminium base at both sides. Two of the pipes are on the inside and the other two are on the outside; they all run through the forty-six aluminium fins in the stack of this single-tower design.
The sides offer a very thin profile. We can see the pipes run very close together, and we also see there are two runs of folded tabs like the ones across the front to help keep the fin spacing exactly the way it was when the Venti left the factory.
Here we laid the Venti down to get a good feel for the fin design at the back. The outsides are thicker where the fan frame will rest, and then it angles inward until it runs into the large V-shaped section in the middle. This is all done in an attempt to maximize the efficiency of that 78 CFM the fan provides.
We chose to show the last thinner side of the Venti like this for two reasons. First, it is much easier to see the grooves cut down the middle that will eventually hold fan clips. The second reason is that from this point of view, we can also tell the aluminum fins are pressed over the pipes.
The aluminum base plate has a triple purpose design. Not only does it space and secure the copper heat pipes, but it also offers a pre-cooler design at the top, and it is also where you mount the hardware to the Venti, at either side in the provided threaded holes.
Flipping the cooler onto its top, we can get a great view of the HDT base offered here. The pipes are run through the base with aluminium between them, but the entire surface is milled at once. We also like that the gaps between the pipes and base are kept to a tight tolerance, so we don't need to go heavy on the paste to fill major voids.
At the polar opposite end of the cooler, we find the Evercool name embossed into the top fin twice. Since the cooler is not offset at the base, it can be installed in any direction and still function properly, and the name will always be legible.
Grabbing the fan and clips, we can see that the EC12025H12EP fan covers the fin stack nicely. While the fan can be kept level with the top of the cooler to keep the 160mm height, the clips will be a few millimetres higher, so keep that in mind. With the fan being so low, it also offers air flow to the base, and the motherboards phases.
Even with the fan on the Venti, as we look at it from the side, there still isn't a lot of cooler or fan to get in your way. The slim form of the cooler will allow access to eight-pin connection, and to the memory on motherboard's of almost any form factor. Although, Mini-ITX is excluded, as they tend to be laid out differently from most others.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Evercool Venti HPQ-12025 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD rumored to launch 7nm Navi GPUs on 7/7
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases