Accessories and Documentation
The hardware kit that comes with the Okeanos is very similar to what we found with the Ouranos, with a few additions. Here we see the wrench that works on the top bracket nuts, which are shown to the right of the wrench. This wrench can also be used for the cross bracket screws shown below it. We find the backplate studs in the middle, and the LGA2011 hardware to the right as well.
We also find a universal AMD and Intel backplate that is not isolated on its own; it is just black painted steel. On the right are white spacers for the top of the board, and four rubber washers to surround the studs, and isolate the backplate. We also get a LGA775 preload spacer to stick to the plate, and a plastic bag of thermal paste.
Once the back plate is installed, and the spacers are on the studs, the next step is to add this universal top bracket. It will go on in both directions for AMD, as well as Intel users. Once this bracket is secured, you take the cross bracket at the top, set it in the base of the cooler, and mount it to the larger top bracket.
We also found the box contains a voltage limiter to keep the 140mm fan running at 1100 RPM, and an installation manual that is detailed enough to get anyone through the process. To the right we find the Okeanos ships with six wire fan clips, so it is prepared to run with three fans if that is desired, and we also find a limiter to keep the 120mm fan at 1200 RPM.
We made sure to get a look at the fans that come with the Okeanos. To the left is a 140mm fan, powered with a four-pin connection at the end of a sleeved cable; this fan offers a black frame, and nine large yellow blades. The 120mm fan offers the same features, but has eleven smaller blades so that it can keep up with the 140mm fan, and share almost identical capabilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Okeanos RC-1402 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam