Draconem Aluminum Gaming Mouse Pad
The Draconem aluminum mouse pad comes in a pretty heavy duty cardboard box that is well adorned with the pattern on the box matching that of the pad in the image slightly left of center. Along the bottom, we see icons denoting the Draconem's aluminum base, the bungee, and the dual surfaces.
Around the back, we see the bungee has a channel to hold the mouse wiring. We also see the red pattern of the high-control side, and the all black, low-friction side. To the right there is a bit of a specifications chart, a features list, and a note to visit the site for more information.
Inside the box, we find the Draconem wrapped in plastic, and firmly held in the box with dense foam at both ends. We also found a cardboard box holding the rest of the goodies.
Inside of that box, we found the warranty information, along with four bits made of black rubber. At the top we have the base to the bungee, and the bit to the right plugs into it, and then it slides over the edge of the pad. The other two pieces are extra corner caps, just in case any get lost or damaged.
First we look at the high-control side of the Draconem. Here, the texture on the plastic section is rough, and really intensifies the accuracy of the Ventus. The only aluminum visible is the edge and about three-eighths if an inch around the plastic. We also see that the pad already comes with rubber "feet" at the four corners.
Flipping the Draconem over is easy enough; this side is a bit smoother than the other side, and does allow the Ventus to slide very easily across the pad. Even though the texture is reduced, this side of the Draconem still makes the Ventus much more responsive than a foam and cloth mat does.
We decided to flip the pad over once again, and this time we have assembled the cable bungee and slid it over the back edge of the Draconem. So, not only do you get a very precise pair of surfaces to use, but with the included bungee, the cabling is tended and out of your way as well.
To get a much better perspective of the area that the Draconem offers, we went ahead and ran the wiring through the bungee and set the Ventus on it. Due to the increased sensitivity that this pad offers, we guarantee you won't find yourself lifting or running off the edges.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tt eSPORTS Ventus Ambidextrous Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Ventus]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- LGA1151 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series