Inside the Ventus
With a fair bit of work involved in hunting down two hidden screws, we were finally able to break the Ventus down into its four major components, and get a look at what is inside.
As we start off, we find that Tt eSPORTS is using the five-million click lifespan version of the Omron D2FC-F-7N. Since the Omron is the most used switch in any mouse, they may as well go with the best.
We can now see the left side button (or the default page back button) is backed with a HC branded switch. This does require slightly more pressure to activate than the Omron switches up front.
The black pad style switches used for the profile, DPI buttons, and under the scroll wheel, all activate easily, and are the most audible switches on the Ventus.
After removing the upper tan PCB, we are able to get a view of the sensor in charge of tracking what you want the Ventus to do. Here we find the Avago ADNS A9500, which is a very good sensor, it just does not offer the range the 9800 offers.
Tt eSPORTS has chosen to go with the SoNiX SN8F2288F6 MCU as the eight-bit CMOS style MCU for the Ventus communications. This is also what gives us the 128kb of onboard memory.
After adding the top layer PCB back to the lower section of the Ventus, as we round the last side of the interior, we can see that both the HC switch and the Omron switch match to those we found on the other side of this ambidextrous mouse.
Now that it's all back together and connected to the PC, we see the Ventus has come to life. As for the lighting, all three sections can be individually illuminated or turned off, and by default, the Battle Dragon is in a breathing or pulsing mode.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tt eSPORTS Ventus Ambidextrous Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Ventus]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled opening cinematic trailer
- 12 minutes of rare behind the scenes Mortal Kombat 1 footage
- Dauntless now has 5 million slayers who live for the hunt
- Kojima has released a Death Stranding teaser before E3 2019
- Live-action Sonic The Hedgehog movie delayed until 2020
- Layers of Fear 2 Review: Lynchian Horror at its Finest
- SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R4.0
- Freesync not working on monitor?
- Type SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Sharpen your cutlasses! Crooked Waters: Conquest will release end of June!
- An Adventure In The Heart Of The Warhammer: Chaosbane Universe
- Railway Empire Sets Sights On France
- Tabletop roguelike, For The King Available Now At Retail On PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- VR Movement System for Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift S