Inside the Ventus
With a fair bit of work involved in hunting down two hidden screws, we were finally able to break the Ventus down into its four major components, and get a look at what is inside.
As we start off, we find that Tt eSPORTS is using the five-million click lifespan version of the Omron D2FC-F-7N. Since the Omron is the most used switch in any mouse, they may as well go with the best.
We can now see the left side button (or the default page back button) is backed with a HC branded switch. This does require slightly more pressure to activate than the Omron switches up front.
The black pad style switches used for the profile, DPI buttons, and under the scroll wheel, all activate easily, and are the most audible switches on the Ventus.
After removing the upper tan PCB, we are able to get a view of the sensor in charge of tracking what you want the Ventus to do. Here we find the Avago ADNS A9500, which is a very good sensor, it just does not offer the range the 9800 offers.
Tt eSPORTS has chosen to go with the SoNiX SN8F2288F6 MCU as the eight-bit CMOS style MCU for the Ventus communications. This is also what gives us the 128kb of onboard memory.
After adding the top layer PCB back to the lower section of the Ventus, as we round the last side of the interior, we can see that both the HC switch and the Omron switch match to those we found on the other side of this ambidextrous mouse.
Now that it's all back together and connected to the PC, we see the Ventus has come to life. As for the lighting, all three sections can be individually illuminated or turned off, and by default, the Battle Dragon is in a breathing or pulsing mode.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tt eSPORTS Ventus Ambidextrous Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Ventus]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit