128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD and is indicative of performance in OLAP, batch processing, streaming, content delivery applications, and backup scenarios.
The Intrepid averages 380 MB/s at 256 OIO. This is below the predicted 515 MB/s in the specifications. This may be due to a differing file test size or methodology, but is still within competitive range of the Micron and Intel drives. The 845DC EVO pulls far ahead with an average of 526MB/s. The Micron M500DC averages 417 MB/s, while the Intel DC S3500 delivers an average of 441 MB/s.
The 845DC EVO provides the lowest overall sequential read latency.
Sequential write performance is important in tasks such as caching, replication, HPC, and database logging. The OCZ Intrepid leads this test with a speed of 451 MB/s. The 845DC EVO trails with 427 MB/s, the M500DC averages 388 MB/s, and the DC S3500 is within striking distance with 424 MB/s.
The Intrepid 3600 pulls ahead of the competition in latency performance.
The Intrepid continues its performance run in mixed sequential workloads, but our latency testing revealed a small advantage for the M500DC during the workload.
The Intrepid averages 5.26 Watts, the 845 DC EVO averages 4.14 Watts, the M500DC averages 5.24 Watts, and the DC S3500 averages 4.83 Watts.
The Intrepid averages 85 MB/s per Watt, the 845DC EVO averages 99 MB/s per Watt, the M500DC averages 73 MB/s per Watt, and the DC S3500 averages 87 MB/s per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower