Quanta MESOS CB220
The Quanta MESOS CB220 is in a 2U chassis with twelve forward facing 3.5" HDD drive sleds.
An information LED on each side shows the states of each node, and there is also an embedded power button.
The drive sleds fit perfect in each slot. The sleds use the bottom mounting points on drives; both 2.5" and 3.5" form factors are supported.
The two systems inside the server chassis share a pair of failover power supplies mounted in-between the two nodes.
On the back of the nodes we found the SAS expansion slot, a pair of USB 2.0 ports, a serial port, VGA port, three gigabit Ethernet ports (one for management), and a pair is 10GbE SFP+ ports. The second node is identical, as you can see in the image.
Each node also has an unlocking lever and handle, so you can slide the entire node out for service.
Here we get a closer look at the redundant power supplies. Each PSU has an exhaust fan, lever, and handle for extraction.
Each PSU has a maximum output of 1023w at 110-120v (1100w at 200-240v).
The nodes are almost like a work of art. A team of designers and engineers fits a full server in each section - twice the components of a powerful notebook in roughly the same PCB space.
Looking through the back, see wee the eight DRAM slots for the front-most CPU. The three connectors (two at the top and one at the bottom) plug into the HDD backplane. These are the only connectors for the node attached inside the enclosure.
Each node has two 2.5" mechanical HDDs in RAID 1 for the operating system, two LGA2011 Xeons, and sixteen DDR3 DRAM slots. Two 10GbE SFP+ ports come from a mezzanine card, and a LSI 9271-8i with Syncro technology populates a PCIe slot.
The CPU and DRAM are covered with a shroud to reduce the volume of air the fans need to push to keep the components cool.
A heat sink on the top of the LSI 9271-8i Syncro card keeps the LSI controller cool.
Last, but not least in our look around the Quanta Cluster-in-a-Box CB220 is a HDD layout sticker on the top of the system, so you can easily see the drive layout.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Quanta MESOS CB220]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - RAID 5 Single Client Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Workload Latency]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit