In all honesty, I wasn't expecting very much from the ECS Photon PF1 Deluxe motherboard simply because we have seen ECS try for big things in the past and failed. ECS for one put a lot of effort into the first SiS 735 based motherboard for AMD Athlon XP back in the Single Channel DDR days but poor overclocking and limited feature sets from a company that was trying to pioneer new things really didn't shape up too well at all.
The ECS Photon PF1 Deluxe motherboard is a mixed blessing of features, with a crippled overclocking potential. This motherboard does feature everything you would want to have on a motherboard like Firewire, USB 2.0, Gigabit LAN and Serial ATA which is great but to make it a motherboard the enthusiasts will like it has to have more than the simple FSB only adjustments. The lack of Vcore, VDIMM and DRAM and ratio dividers really puts a sour taste in our mouth, while good for the family multimedia PC who is on a budget, enthusiasts can get a lot better elsewhere.
Next time we hope to see the same efforts which we have seen here from ECS today but with more attention to detail to the overclocker. The ECS Photon PF1 Deluxe motherboard could have easily been an award winner but it wasn't to be this time.
Serial ATA support
5.1 Channel Audio
Good connector placement
PCI Extreme slot for cleaner sound
No Voltage or ratio control for CPU, DRAM and dividers
CSA Ethernet bus not used
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 3 [Features]
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- ECS PF1 Deluxe Photon - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases