Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
The best way to describe the Rampage V Extreme? Expensive and out of stock. You'd think that the most expensive X99 motherboard on the market would be easy to purchase, but it's not. Stock comes in, and stock goes out for one reason, and one reason only: If you want the best X99 motherboard on the market, this is what you buy. While the price isn't going to change, the good news is that stock is coming in. If stock is out one day, it will show up again a few days later.
Where do you start with this motherboard? Out of the box performance. It's awesome. It's either out in front, or lining up at the top with the ASUS X99 Deluxe, which is also one of the fastest motherboards out of the box. Overclocking is also awesome and easy. 47x multiplier, increased voltages, and we're running at 4.7GHz without an issue. A speed 1200MHz higher than the 3.5GHz turbo speed offered at stock.
Features, where do you start? You've got a ton of ASUS extras on the board, and while they are aimed at the most extreme overclockers, a lot of them just make for a higher quality board, which is something everyone can enjoy. The OC panel is also super cool. We're not sure if it's something that you're going to consistently use, but the addition is extremely cool nonetheless. The ability to mount it into your case via the bracket is something that will come in handy if your PC is in a position where you can see it.
The improved audio via the SupremeFX chip, along with extra interface options like KeyBot, helps put the board ahead. Outside of all that, the OC socket, something we initially thought was just marketing mumbo jumbo, is quickly proving itself when it comes to memory overclocking.
Performance, features, and a great bundle are all wrapped up in an awesome black and red package, which is what the ROG series of boards have always been about. However, like we mentioned above, the Rampage V Extreme is out of stock in many places because although it's the most expensive X99 motherboard on the market, it also looks to be the best. If you're buying the new i7 5960X EE, the most expensive and most powerful Haswell-E processor, then chances are you will want to pair it with the best motherboard. Well, this is most likely the board you'll want to pair it with.
While the Rampage V Extreme feels like a board intended only for the highest end-user, the Ai Tuner, overclocking presets, and some great software all mean that you can enjoy the quality components this ROG based motherboard offers, without being some overclocking genius. While you can choose to not be happy with the price, the bottom line is that it can be justified. You've just got so much here.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme X99 Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme retails for $540.40 at Amazon.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking w/a)||99%|
|Quality including Design and Build||99%|
|Bundle and Packaging||99%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||98%|
The Bottom Line: ASUS' ROG RAMPAGE V EXTREME motherboard can be summed up as
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media