Test System Setup and Overclocking
Sitting next to our ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme, which will be running at both stock and overclocked, we've got a bunch of boards. Other X99 boards that you'll see in our graphs today include the MXI X99S GAMING 9 AC, EVGA X99 Classified, ASUS X99 Deluxe, and GIGABYTE X99 UD5 WIFI. All of which are using the extremely high-end Intel i7 5960X EE.
Along with those setups, we've also included the ASRock Z97X Killer and ASUS ROG MAXIMUX VII FORMULA, both of which are based on the Intel Z97 chipset, and both use the i7 47960K. Before we get into the performance to find out just what the ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme is capable off, we've got to see what's going on with overclocking.
By messing around with our Multiplier and BCLK settings, we ended up with a 47x Multiplier with the standard 100 BCLK. We tried to get a little higher with the BCLK, but while we could boot into Windows with no problem, as soon as we started benchmarking, we found ourselves staring at a BSOD. In the end, you can see our final clock speed came in at 4699MHz, or 4.7GHz as shown in our graphs here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit