Test System Setup and Overclocking
Sitting next to our ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme, which will be running at both stock and overclocked, we've got a bunch of boards. Other X99 boards that you'll see in our graphs today include the MXI X99S GAMING 9 AC, EVGA X99 Classified, ASUS X99 Deluxe, and GIGABYTE X99 UD5 WIFI. All of which are using the extremely high-end Intel i7 5960X EE.
Along with those setups, we've also included the ASRock Z97X Killer and ASUS ROG MAXIMUX VII FORMULA, both of which are based on the Intel Z97 chipset, and both use the i7 47960K. Before we get into the performance to find out just what the ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme is capable off, we've got to see what's going on with overclocking.
By messing around with our Multiplier and BCLK settings, we ended up with a 47x Multiplier with the standard 100 BCLK. We tried to get a little higher with the BCLK, but while we could boot into Windows with no problem, as soon as we started benchmarking, we found ourselves staring at a BSOD. In the end, you can see our final clock speed came in at 4699MHz, or 4.7GHz as shown in our graphs here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COLORFUL's new iGame SSDs: up to 3GB/sec read with RGB
- What if Certain Affinity is making a free-to-play Halo?
- Square Enix commits to games as a service business model
- SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike ends
- Shadow of War balanced to be played without lootboxes
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM