Test System Setup and Overclocking
Sitting next to our ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme, which will be running at both stock and overclocked, we've got a bunch of boards. Other X99 boards that you'll see in our graphs today include the MXI X99S GAMING 9 AC, EVGA X99 Classified, ASUS X99 Deluxe, and GIGABYTE X99 UD5 WIFI. All of which are using the extremely high-end Intel i7 5960X EE.
Along with those setups, we've also included the ASRock Z97X Killer and ASUS ROG MAXIMUX VII FORMULA, both of which are based on the Intel Z97 chipset, and both use the i7 47960K. Before we get into the performance to find out just what the ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme is capable off, we've got to see what's going on with overclocking.
By messing around with our Multiplier and BCLK settings, we ended up with a 47x Multiplier with the standard 100 BCLK. We tried to get a little higher with the BCLK, but while we could boot into Windows with no problem, as soon as we started benchmarking, we found ourselves staring at a BSOD. In the end, you can see our final clock speed came in at 4699MHz, or 4.7GHz as shown in our graphs here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- NVIDIA releases new GeForce 419.67 drivers, Firestorm ready
- Bethesda: DOOM Eternal, RAGE 2, other games coming to Steam
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019