Test System Setup and Overclocking
Sitting next to our ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme, which will be running at both stock and overclocked, we've got a bunch of boards. Other X99 boards that you'll see in our graphs today include the MXI X99S GAMING 9 AC, EVGA X99 Classified, ASUS X99 Deluxe, and GIGABYTE X99 UD5 WIFI. All of which are using the extremely high-end Intel i7 5960X EE.
Along with those setups, we've also included the ASRock Z97X Killer and ASUS ROG MAXIMUX VII FORMULA, both of which are based on the Intel Z97 chipset, and both use the i7 47960K. Before we get into the performance to find out just what the ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme is capable off, we've got to see what's going on with overclocking.
By messing around with our Multiplier and BCLK settings, we ended up with a 47x Multiplier with the standard 100 BCLK. We tried to get a little higher with the BCLK, but while we could boot into Windows with no problem, as soon as we started benchmarking, we found ourselves staring at a BSOD. In the end, you can see our final clock speed came in at 4699MHz, or 4.7GHz as shown in our graphs here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit