I would say the 3COM Corebuilders I own were the most difficult to learn and configure. My Extreme Networks switches were a bit easier since the software is a lot like the 3COM's to work with, but the Supermicro SSE-X3348TR is like a plug and play device.
Within moments from unboxing, the unit was installed in our test rack. A few quick commands later and the SSE-X3348TR had an initial configuration, and from there we could finish the setup through the easy to use web GUI. The firmware released a few weeks after the initial setup allowed us to run 40GbE QSFP to quad 10GbE SFP+ cables. That allowed us to ramp up our legacy hardware, if you can call 10GbE SFP+ legacy.
One of the reasons why the console and web interfaces were so easy to learn can be credited to Supermicro's extensive manuals. Not only do you have basic manuals, but the configuration guides provide step-by-step instructions for formally complex tasks.
After researching other products on the market with similar features and configuration, we found the Supermicro SSE-X3348TR to fall between half and one third of the cost. Given Supermicro's strong server selection, the SSE-X3348TR would make an excellent addition to the top of your Supermicro rack. The SSE-X3348TR hits all of the marks: performance, cost, and features.
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro SSE-X3348TR for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Supermicro SSE-X3348TR retails for $13,995.50 at Amazon.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||94%|
|Bundle and Packaging||94%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: Supermicro's SSE-X3348TR switch costs significantly less than competing products and offers exceptional performance.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Supermicro SSE-X3348TR]
- Page 3 [Inside the Configuration Menu]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage