Test System Setup
For all tests that we have run, we used optimized BIOS settings for max performance.
This is the CPUz screen, showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2690 v2 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a Max TDP of 130 watts, and core voltage of 1.061V. Each CPU has ten cores, and we will be running a dual CPU system. This gives it 20 cores/40 threads total.
The E5-2690 v2 processors based on Ivy Bridge architecture released on Sept 14, 2013. The Xeon E5-2690 v2 CPUs are built on more optimized and energy efficient 22nm Ivy Bridge-EP microarchitecture, and feature up to 50% more cores, and up to 25% more cache at the same power envelope as previous generation of Xeon E5 products.
These processors incorporate a Digital Random Number Generator, new Float 16 instructions, and have higher memory bandwidth due to added support for DDR3-1866 memory. The E5-1600v2 and E5-2600v2 CPUs are backwards compatible with existing socket 2011 motherboards. Features of the E5-2690 v2 processor are as follows:
The memory we used in our tests is 128GB of Kingston KVR-16R11S4/8HA DDR3 1600MHz ValueRAM Server Memory.
The Lenovo ThinkServer RD640 can support memory with speeds up to 1866MHz ECC RDIMMs. Let's move forward with testing the Lenovo ThinkServer RD640. We will show test results from actual servers we have tested, and not just motherboards. Server load outs can effect scores vs motherboards that have far less options installed. We will also keep this on same socket setups, so we won't mix up processor classes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Sony makes sign-ups for PS4 v5.50 firmware beta available
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series