Test System Setup
For all tests that we have run, we used optimized BIOS settings for max performance.
This is the CPUz screen, showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2690 v2 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a Max TDP of 130 watts, and core voltage of 1.061V. Each CPU has ten cores, and we will be running a dual CPU system. This gives it 20 cores/40 threads total.
The E5-2690 v2 processors based on Ivy Bridge architecture released on Sept 14, 2013. The Xeon E5-2690 v2 CPUs are built on more optimized and energy efficient 22nm Ivy Bridge-EP microarchitecture, and feature up to 50% more cores, and up to 25% more cache at the same power envelope as previous generation of Xeon E5 products.
These processors incorporate a Digital Random Number Generator, new Float 16 instructions, and have higher memory bandwidth due to added support for DDR3-1866 memory. The E5-1600v2 and E5-2600v2 CPUs are backwards compatible with existing socket 2011 motherboards. Features of the E5-2690 v2 processor are as follows:
The memory we used in our tests is 128GB of Kingston KVR-16R11S4/8HA DDR3 1600MHz ValueRAM Server Memory.
The Lenovo ThinkServer RD640 can support memory with speeds up to 1866MHz ECC RDIMMs. Let's move forward with testing the Lenovo ThinkServer RD640. We will show test results from actual servers we have tested, and not just motherboards. Server load outs can effect scores vs motherboards that have far less options installed. We will also keep this on same socket setups, so we won't mix up processor classes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam